1. Default los angeles to seatte

My boyfriend and i our planning our first road trip,We will be traveling with our young son (2 yrs). We plan on traveling early spring. We only have seven days. We live in Los Angeles and plan on driving up to Seattle. Is this a reasonable amount of time? We want to see as much as we can, Yosemite, Portland Seattle. Any other good tips and places to stay would we helpful. We do not need to see San Francisco because we have already been there. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks

Tucson, AZ

Default Barely (or Just Right)

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Assuming that the seven days must suffice for a round trip, then you have pretty close to the minimum time necessary for such a RoadTrip. At just over 1,100 miles by the most direct all expressway route, it's a solid two day drive one way. add in a few detours to see some sights and other stops required for a two year old and it would be best to plan on three days each. That would leave you only one day in Seattle itself. So while it can be done, whether it's worth it is a decision you will have to make. I would advise you to pick places to see that are a bit closer to your main route, such as some of the wildlife refuges north of Sacramento, Crater Lake, the Columbia River Gorge, and Mount Ranier rather than going as far afield as Yosemite, which you can see on a long weekend from L.A.

If, on the other hand, this is a one way trip over seven days, then you'll have plenty of time to explore many of the sights in the Northwest.

Last edited by AZBuck; 09-08-2009 at 07:51 AM.

3. Default

thanks for the info. thats what i was thinking do you think a trip to the grand canyon and zion national park is more reasonable?

South of England.

Default Your choice, but............

Quote Originally Posted by Mjap23 View Post
    thanks for the info. thats what i was thinking do you think a trip to the grand canyon and zion national park is more reasonable?
    Only you can decide what works best for you. With only 7 days and a lot less miles to cover you would have to say it's more reasonable. Great scenery, and the option to visit Monument valley and/or Bryce canyon as well makes it an even more attractive proposition.