Last year we did a California road-trip and enjoyed it immensely and want to do it again next year - but we would not like to just go the exactly same route again, so we need new suggestions on what is worth visiting in California.
Here is our last year's trip (around 2 weeks) :
1. day : Arrive in San Francisco
2. and 3. day : San Francisco and Bay Area
4. day : From San Francisco across Napa and Sonoma Valley to Lake Tahoe
5. day : Lake Tahoe and Yosemite park to Fresno
6. day : From Fresno to Barstow (Sequioa park)
7. day : Barstow - Tusayan (Grand canyon)
8. day : Tusayan - Monument valley - Antelope Canyon - Page
9. day : From Page to Bryce
10. day : Bryce - Las Vegas (Zion park)
11. day : Las Vegas
12. day : Las Vegas across Death Valley to Los Angeles
13. day : Los Angeles
14. day : From LA to San Diego and La Jolla
15. and 16. day in La Jolla
Then we flew to New York and stayed for another 5 days there.
As I said this was a great trip and we want to do another one in California and I would really like to know if anyone has any suggestions on what to visit now as we do not want to just repeat the exactly same trip again. (but some locations can be repeated of course)
Thanks for any suggestions!