1. Default 3-4 days road trip from Orange County..please help!!!

Hi! I have a hard time to figure out where to go for 3 days b/c this will be my first road trip experience. Car is in very good condition.
    we (4 people) love nature, hiking...
    thinking about this posibility:
    One other possibility is to forego the coast and do a loop up by way of the Mojave National Preserve, through Las Vegas, into the national parks of southern Utah (Zion and Bryce), around the Grand Canyon, down the Colorado River, and back into LA through Joshua Tree National Park. That would be a significant change from your last trip!

I believe this will be either my awesome or the worst experience in my life for the first time. ..
    would anyone have better suggestion? where can I find a more specific map? (of course, I will bring my GPS with me)
    please help

Tucson, AZ

Default Less Driving, More Hiking

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Given your stated preference for hiking and fear that this might turn into the worst experience of your life, I'd strongly suggest that you cut back a bit on the number of destinations and spend more time at those you go to. You list 7 objectives that would take nearly your entire 3-4 days just to drive to, leaving you spending most of your time cramped up in a car with 3 other people and maybe less than an hour at each location actually hiking an enjoying the natural beauty, space, and quiet. A loop that included Mojave, the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and Joshua Tree would be much more manageable in the timeframe you have and with the number of people involved.

3. Default

thanks for the reply,
    we have discussed and our stops will be Yosemitte, Grand Canyon, and Monument Valley.
    we have only three days for this trip. would you please suggest the day for each place and which one I should arrive first.
    thanks so much for ur time

Green County, Wisconsin

Default none of the above

Sorry, but you just can't visit all 3 of those places, plus drive from LA, in 3 days. Its just not physically possible.

You could do Yosemite, or you could do Grand Canyon, but you can't do both and quite frankly even monument valley all by itself would be a really big reach with just 3 days.

Remember, its a very full and long day of driving just to get from LA to the Grand Canyon, so that would take up 2 of your 3 days all by themselves.

Personally, I'd look at doing Sequoia and Yosemite, and maybe Death Valley if you have time, but you really need to be more realistic about what you can actually do with the limited time you have.

Melbourne, Australia

For a truly great experience, why not spend the three days driving to and from and hiking in Yosemite. That will give you the opportunity to get to know one incredible park, and thoroughly enjoy it. Beats sitting cooped up in a car for three days. It takes much more than three days to see Yosemite National Park.

Lifey would concentrate on one place