1. Default louisiana to wisconsin

My husband and I will be taking a road trip from New Iberia, La to Fond du lac, Wisconsin leaving September 5 returning September 20. Part business part vacation. Any suggestions

Tucson, AZ

Default The Obvious

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Even before there were roads, there was a great highway connecting (roughly) those two towns - the Mississippi River. Today you can follow it on the Great River Road which is actually a collection of US, state and local roads that unite some of the scenic, historic and natural highlights of the Big Muddy. Just a few of the great locations on your way north would be Natchez, Vicksburg, Memphis, Ste. Genevieve, St. Louis, Hannibal, and Nauvoo. In between are a number of state parks and national wildlife refuges. It will certainly take quite a bit longer than just taking the Interstates, but if you have the time and want a great RoadTrip, that's what I think you should be looking at.

By the way, Fond du Lac is a very nice little town. Be sure to visit the park up on the shore of Lake Winnebego, and Gilles Frozen Custard Drive-In on S. Main St. Also, the site of the Oshkosh Fly-In is just up the road and I believe they maintain a museum.