1. Default NJ to San Diego any advice please :)

I recently got laid off and am in need of an adventure before I join the daily grind again. I have some experience traveling, mostly short trips but I am looking to visit friends I haven't seen in awhile on the West coast. One in San Diego and another in Arizona. Both with whom I can stay with once I arrive. I have never been to the west coast let alone drove cross country and I am thinking I'd like to spend 2 to 3 weeks out there. My site seeing, will most likely be reserved to California and Arizona unless anyone has any ideas for stops I should see along the way.

If anyone can give me some tips on what I should be prepared for and definitely know about on the open road on an East to West solo road trip, it would be greatly appreciated.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default being out there

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

How long do you have total for this trip? Keep in mind, you'll need at least 5-7 days to travel each way across the country, even if you do almost no extra stopping.

Personally, I'd want to keep exploring while making the drive cross country, and not limit that aspect only to CA/AZ. Not only because I'd want to see a lot of things in this country, but also to break up otherwise long days on the road.

Of course, you've got to decide what is best for you, and this country is far to big with far too many great things to just randomly throw out things that you could potentially see between New Jersey and California.