1. Default Boston and the East coast

My Girlfriend and I are planning a trip to boston the last week in october. Im sure it not the most ideal time to vist the east coast but it was the only time we both could get a way. We are planning on 2-3 days in Boston and then 3 days up and down the east cost from the boston area. does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go or what to do on the east coast. neither of us have ever ben to the east coast.

We are looking for places to go and things to do. we are into the beach towns and beleive it or not kinda like the "touristy" things to do. Im a huge boat guy and she is beach girl. we also dont mind a few of the historical sites.

Any Suggestions

Joplin MO

That's kinda late in the season to be boating and beaching. You may be able to catch the tail end of the fall colors.

Tucson, AZ

Default South Works Best

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

With only three days to tour some of New England before (presumably) returning to Boston, I'd suggest that you head south to see the coast at Cape Cod, Rhode Island and Connecticut as far as roughly New Haven before returning to Boston by an inland route. This would give you the chance to sample some great (but chilly) coastline, see how the other half lived, some quieter beach front, and some great history. You can then return via the oldest continually operating ferry in the U.S. and something even older.

I agree with AZBuck above, but would say that if you are going to be in Boston for any number of days before Halloween, you should tour New England a bit. Foliage is great, but driving through some of the small towns with their historic town halls and old houses is great in the late fall atmosphere. The falling leaves, early sunsets and Halloween decorations make it a little creepy, but in a fun way. And that's without even visiting any of the typical places like Salem, MA (witch trials and all that).