1. Default LA to Yosemite and San Fran or LA to Denver?

My girlfriend and I will be arriving in LA in late October and we have two weeks in the US. We are thinking about going on a road trip and we have been considering two options. These are:

1) Drive from LA to Denver and then fly back to LA. We have some friends in Denver and we thought it would be a good opportunity to visit them. I have done a bit of research and was thinking something like LA to Vegas, then Vegas to the Grand Canyon, then up through to Moab in Utah to check out Arches and Canyonlands NP's and then on to Denver.

2) Drive from LA inland up to Yosemite, then head from Yosemite to San Fran and back to LA via Big Sur.

My main question is would two weeks be enough time for these sort of itineraries? Would we be trying to squeeze too much in? Also given the time of year would we expect to see snow if we drove to Denver?

Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated.

South of England.

Default Two great options !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

The answer is Yes, you would have time to choose from either itinerary with 2 weeks to dedicate to it. Only you can decide which choice to make [there isn't a wrong one] so I would recommend searching the forums and roadtrip planning pages for more info by way of the search button and tags.
    A couple of thoughts are; Have you booked your flights, if not could you not fly directly out of Denver to home.
    With option 2 you would have time to include the GC and Vegas if you didn't mind keeping on the move, but as you look around you will find that the Tioga pass which is a popular sierra crossing into Yosemite from Vegas [via Death valley] can close at anytime at this time of year due to snow. Which reminds me, you could possibly see snow on option 1 as well.
    Have a look around and when you have decided what will work best for you, post up your itinerary and we can help to "fine tune" it.