1. Default Roundtrip from Orlando To Washington D.C

Hi dudes!
    Im new at this forum, and Im requiring for your help! Im not from USA but I visit Orlando once in a year.. This time my family wants to do something different.

We're plannin on driving to Washington D.C from Orlando, FL at December 18th 2009 and we have a 2 year old baby.

I dont have a clue of good places to stop, nor hotels in the way (in case that we decide to stop for rest). And Im very concerned about the weather. Does anybody has taken this roundtrip at similar month or season? I dont know if We'll find snow in the way that may cause troubles. Neither do know which highway and routes to take.

I really appreciate any answer and any comment about my roundtrip (places to visit are well appreciated also haha), Thanks!

Tucson, AZ

Default At Least Two Days Each Way

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

By the most direct route, basically I-95, it's around 850 miles between Orlando and Washington. That's a two day trip, especially with a small child, so plan on stopping somewhere en route. The halfway point is roughly Florence, SC. The good part about traveling with a two year old is that it doesn't take much to entertain them, but you should stop relatively often both for him and yourselves. The places listed here for I-95 should be ideal. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous and have a bit more time for one of the drives, you can consider one of the two other possibilities described here.