1. Default Phoenix to Boston

Hello there,

I am moving to a school in Boston, and I will drive a truck from Phoenix to Boston. I've never had a road trip b4. I'll tell ya guys my plan, and please if anyone had suggestions regarding stuff I can see on the road, that would be really great. I have only three places on my mind I really wanna visit (Santa fe, NM - Mount Rushmore, SD - Niagara Falls, NY)

*Phoenix - Santa Fe
    *Santa Fe - Denver
    *Denver - Mount Rushmore
    *Mount Rushmore - Rochester, MN (I think I can't drive from Mount Rushmore to Chicago directlt, this's why I'll stop at the small town)
    *Rochester, MN - Chicago
    *Chicago - Cleveland
    *Cleveland - Niagara Falls
    *Niagara Falls - Boston

Green County, Wisconsin

Default basically

Welcome to the RTA forum!

Your basic outline is fine, although I'm curious if you are planning to be driving each day or if you are going to spend some time in any of these places? With the exception of your Chicago/Cleveland/Falls section (which are pretty short leg) you'll need to be on the road for full days for most of your trip, and you aren't going to have a whole lot of time for extra exploration.

You are correct that you should not try to drive from Mt. Rushmore to the Chicago in one shot, and Rochester is a good stop. I do kind of laugh that you refer to it as a small town though, as it is a mid-sized city with 100,000 people and one of the largest medical centers in the US, so there are plenty of motels. Its actually a much larger place than Rapid City/Mt Rushmore, but more importantly, its actually the size of town we often recommend as having the best deals on motels (compared to major metro areas).