Thread: Road Trip Alone

1. Default Road Trip Alone

I am planning a road trip through about 14 states and I am planning on going it alone. I am trying to cut costs as much as possible and one of the big ones is lodging. For the most part, are camp-sites safe? I am in my mid-twenties and female. I grew up camping, but I have never camped alone. I will be driving an SUV, so I can always fold down the seats and sleep in my car, but I'm still not sure how safe this is.

Also, as of right now, I am planning on visiting Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Plus, where ever I drive through. Does anyone have any must have things to do in these states?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default take two

Welcome to the RTA forum!

(my first response to you got lost in a glitch somewhere, so I'll quickly restate what I said.)

Camping or sleeping in your car can be safe if you follow common sense. Here are some tips for camping by yourself.

Most solo trips are actually done by women, and I'd highly recommend that you read some of the experiences by our other solo female traveling members, including Jillian's tips, and Babybird's plans for her first solo trip, and the report from her experience.