1. Default I-80 Services west of Cheyene

Toward California are the services west of Cheyene on I-80. We have already driven west of Denver on I-70 and west on I-40. Are the services on I-80 more or less sparse than 70 or 40? From Chicago...San Francisco is the final destination.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default similar

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

You'll find services will be pretty similiar to I-40 and I-70. The longest stretches you'll go between exits is about 50 miles, and of course, you'll always have plenty of other traffic in case you do run into a problem.

Default No worries

Along I-80 west of Cheyenne, large-scale travel plazas which come to mind just off the cuff include Rawlins, Rock Springs/Green River, Little America, and Evanston.

In Utah services are available along I-84 just west of the I-80 junction, then much more at Ogden. Keeping on I-80 from the I-84 split brings you to services at Coalville, Park City, and Salt Lake City.

As was noted above, I'd be surprised to find > 50 miles between services, and there's more than enough traffic such that you're not going to be stranded and unnoticed to any extent whatsoever.

4. Default Thanks

Thanks folks... I actually figured we would be ok up to Salt Lake after looking at a map. It's between Salt Lake and Reno that looked pretty desolate and scary, but we feel better now. I guess it can't be any more desolate than I-8 from Phoenix to San Diego? We drove that last year.

Thanks Again!

There is a truck stop/travel plaza just west of SLC and not much else untill you get to Wendover Nv {about 100 mi.} at the Ut/Nv state line. From there, there are services at pretty much every exit.

6. Default Thanks

Thanks Johnny, Would you say that is the longest stretch on I-80 without services between Cheyenne and the NV/CA state line?