Default From Sonoma Valley to San Fran to Las Vegas to Tahoe

My boyfriend and I are going on a 9 day road trip for my birthday this year! We are headed from California to Vegas on the first part. I am trying to find some cool places for us to stop along our 9 hour drive down there. Is Yosimite Nat. Park too far out of the way? Does anyone know of any landmarks, restuarants, or hiking trails that are must see places along the way? Also on the way back home we have a long stretch to Reno. Is there any good places to stop along the way there?

Thanks for your help!

Traci

Default A little confused.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Hi Traci, I am unsure of how you have set your itinerary up.

My boyfriend and I are going on a 9 day road trip for my birthday this year! We are headed from California to Vegas on the first part. I am trying to find some cool places for us to stop along our 9 hour drive down there. Is Yosimite Nat. Park too far out of the way?
    Are you planning to do this in a day or over a few days as part of your trip ? It will be longer than 9 hours and you won't have time to stop for much other than gas, food and bathroom breaks. If you are planning on a couple of days or more then Yosemite is possible but your routing would depend on whether the Tioga pass [120] is open at your time of travel.

We are headed from California to Vegas on the first part.
    Your location is Vancouver but this 9 days start and end in Cali / Tahoe. Yes ?

Also on the way back home we have a long stretch to Reno.
    You mention a "long stretch to Reno" on the way home but you are stopping in Lake Tahoe so I am unsure of what long stretch you are referring to. Is home Vancouver or back to Sonoma valley ? From Reno to Vancouver perhaps ?

I would suggest you have a look at your maps and find the places that appeal to you and use the search button to gather more info from the forums and road trip planning pages. When you have done so please give us a more detailed itinerary and we can help you piece your trip together.

Enjoy the planning !

A nice drive from Tahoe is to Mono Lake then over Tioga pass to Yosemite Valley.