1. Default San francisco to Fort Worth in Dec from OZ

Hi To all,
    I am new to this so here goes. We are coming from Australia arriving Nov 27, into SFO at 11am heading to Forth Worth, would like to be there by the 27th...then heading back again, need to be back in SFO by 6pm on the 17th Dec to fly back out....- leave DFW on the 14th Dec
    From what I can see we can either go up through Denver (we are used to driving in cold and snow) or down through Arizona. I guess I am looking for any info you all can give me. Nice places to stop, how far we would expect to get on the first day and other days ( towns would be good) etc etc It would be nice not to cover our tracks on the trip.
    Thanks Guy's

Green County, Wisconsin

Default misprint

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I think you must have mistyped something, as clearly if you are arriving in SF on the 27th you aren't also going to be able to be in Fort Worth on the 27th.

As far as how far you'll get, I'd strongly recommend not trying to go much anywhere on your first day. Having at least one day to recover from the flight and jet lag after a very long flight is going to help a lot in the long run. Beyond that we find that 500 miles is a good long day on the road (8-10 hours) but leaves some time for short stops along the way. Overall, that means you'd be looking at at least 4 days on the road, with the possible routes through Arizona saving about 300 miles over going through Denver.

Having said that, we know nothing about the reason for your trip or what you might be interested in. Presumably, you're not flying all the way across the Pacific just to drive to Fort Worth as fast as you can. Any route you take could be a good one, but you need to figure out what it is that you want to do. Right now, you haven't told us enough about what those things might be, but if you start by coming up with a few things you'd like to see, we can help you fill in the gaps.