1. Default Baseball trip: Boston to LA

My son and I went on a great baseball trip the summer between his JHS and HS years. We paln to take another trip next summer when he completes HS before college. Our first trip was the "midlands" route (Some stops included Cooperstown, Pitts, Cincy, Chicago, KC, Denver, a few days in Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Reno, Sacremento into the Bay Area). We would like to go the southern route to LA via Washington, Louisville, St. Louis and into Texas (missing the Braves and the Florida teams). We also do as many minor league towns as we can to make it that much more enjoyable. We have about three weeks for the trip (last three weeks in July, 2010) and we will meet my wife and other son at the Grand Canyon and they will continue to LA with us. Any suggestions (routes, ballparks,sites and the like) would be greatfully appreciated!

We have some great memories of our midlands trip if anyone is interested. Thanks so much and hooray for this site!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default welcome!

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I love making baseball themed trip, however, I just haven't spent a lot of time seeing games in the areas where you'll be traveling.

The things I can tell you is that St. Louis's new ballpark is beautiful. I was just there for the first time a few weeks ago and quickly became one of my favorites. Its also just a short walk to the Arch, so make sure you go there either before or after the game.

The Louisville Slugger factory/museum is a nice stop to spend a couple of hours. Its not huge, but worth the price of admission.

The only other parks I've been to in that region would be Tulsa, a AA team in the Texas League, which was a nice enough place, but not particularly remarkable.

I'm assuming you're going to try and hit Houston and Arlington, and if so, I've heard Round Rock is a very nice park near Austin, though I haven't been there myself.

If you are heading to Phoenix too, you might check out some of the spring training parks and complexes. They generally play rookie league games, and its also a good place to find major leaguers who are working out while on the DL.

3. Default thanks so much...

We had included Tulsa and Round Rock and we will definately catch some rookie (and DL!) league cactus action. Also, I was excited just by looking at the Cards new park on TV during the all-star break so the being there will be great!

Thanks again for your post.