1. Default

Hello all,

I'm a new member and need advices on the trip from LA California to State College PA please.

I'm new to the country and had never done any road trip that longer then one day. My car is Nissan Murano 2004.

I'm not sure if it's safe for a woman to do the cross country road trip.

All comments are highly appreciated

More info on this trip

I do not have time line, meaning that I have months for doing this but the concerns are that my two children whoes age is 14 and 12 will be on the trip too.

Who have been traveling wiht children before? It;s that as fun as I imegine?

We talked about driving and stop to see things on the way during the day and get a local hotel to sleep at night.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 07-08-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: merged similar posts

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

You are certainly safe traveling alone provided you trust your instincts and remember a simple rule that every place is somebody's home.

While you may have months for this trip, the reality is likely that the budget won't allow it. Is this a one-way trip, or will you be heading back to Los Angeles at some point?

Traveling with children depends on the children. I recently took a trip with my nephews, and they surprised me with how well behaved they were (ages 8 and 11). Having them help pick some of the things you will be doing and seeing along the way will definitely help their enjoyment.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default ideas

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

One of the things to remember about a roadtrip is that everywhere is someones hometown, so there is no reason why a trip has to be any more dangerous than your usual day to day life.

Traveling with kids can be fun, but they need to be part of the trip, they can't just be brought along for the ride. That means they need to be a part of the planning process and have to have a personal stake in it. At their ages, they are certainly old enough to help with the planning and to contribute their ideas for what would make the trip enjoyable for them.

I'm not really sure what you mean with your last line about driving during the day and getting a hotel at night. That is pretty standard, and my question would be, if you didn't do that, what would you do?

4. Default Sorry for the confusion

Hi there,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the confusion. Please ignored it, it;s my English (:

Are there any place to see or thing to do along the way. There are three different routes the I-80E the I-70E and the I-40E I'm planing to use the I-80

What are the pros and cons of each rounte please?

BTW ; we're planing to move July15

It's a onw way trip, we're moving there

Thank you very much
    Last edited by SiglemomSigleMove; 07-08-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default homework time

The pros and cons of each route are that they go to different places. I really think your best bet at this point is to get out a map with your kids and take a look at all of your options and see what sorts of places that you'd most like to visit. Then build your route around those locations.