1. Default NYC to niagara falls

Am planning a week-long road trip to and from Niagara Falls with 2 kid ages 8 and 11 and wondering about stops along the way. I heard about a place called Howe Caverns but it is way off the the route there. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to go on the way there? We can take 2-3 days to get there...Thanks.

Default to and from?

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

It will be helpful to have a better idea of what sorts of things you are interested in doing and that your family would enjoy, however, here are some of our favorite past threads from this general area.
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 07-06-2009 at 12:53 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BAKH View Post
    Am planning a week-long road trip to and from Niagara Falls with 2 kid ages 8 and 11 and wondering about stops along the way. I heard about a place called Howe Caverns but it is way off the the route there. Does anyone have any suggestions for places to go on the way there? We can take 2-3 days to get there...Thanks.
    Thousand Islands is nice to visit at this time of the year, but its little bit off the route. (around an hour from Syracuse)

4. Default NYC to Niagara Falls

Thank you for the list of the past threads - they were useful and I think my kids would enjoy the Erie Canal and a fort or two...Is the Thousand Islands worth visiting for just a day or two? I started to look into it but wasn't quite sure where to go or how interesting it would be for kids. Thanks again.