1. Default First road trip (seattle to little rock) - please help

I am planning for the first road trip one way from seattle to little rock. It shows I have to travel around 2400 miles one way. Please help me out planning this trip. I have my friend with me, so we are 2 drivers and want to reach to little rock in 2 days.

Any suggestions??

Default absolutely not

Welcome to the RTA forum!

Sorry, but your idea that because you have 2 driver you can travel 1200 miles a day isn't just foolish, its impossible. That is 22 hours a day on the road, and there is no way you can get enough rest to cover such a distance without recklessly endangering everyone else on the road.

Even at a speed run pace, with 2 drivers, you need 4 full days to make this trip. Anything less would be extremely unwise.

3. Default Not in two days

Hi Me_Enigma,

I live in Seattle and entirely agree that two days to Little Rock is unrealistic and unsafe not only to you and your travel companion but also to other drivers.

You'll be going through some beautiful areas. Why not take some time to enjoy the drive? The best route really depends on what you are interested in. Do you like the mountains? If so, take a route through Idaho, Utah and/or Wyoming, and Colorado down to New Mexico then take Interstate 40 straight to Little Rock. Santa Fe, which is absolutely beautiful, is along this route; and if you're into Rte 66 memorabilia much of your trip across I-40 will parallel the original highway. This is probably the way I would go, but that's just my personal preference.

If you like large cities, there are routes that will take you through Salt Lake City, Denver, Omaha or Kansas City. If you want to see Mt Rushmore, take I-90 directly to Sioux Falls, then down I-29 and US 71. Quirky, fun attractions such as Wall Drug and the Corn Palace in Mitchell SD are also along this route. Dodge City KS is along another route that would take you off the interstate for quite a while, but if you like Western lore it wouldn't be out of the way.

The best route really depends on where your interests lie. But again, don't try to just get from Point A to Point B as quickly as possible. There's a lot of great things to see between Seattle and Little Rock no matter which route you choose. It would be a shame for you to miss out on what could be a great adventure.

I will echo both previous posters, and will ask you a pointed question. Why do you WANT to make the trip in 2 days? If you have a need to do that, take an airplane. I don't even think you can make it in 2 days on a Greyhound bus.

5. Default Thanks for your suggestions

I see your posts and I have realised now that I was thinking almost impossible thing to do..I will make my trip for 4 days instead....I will post my tentative plan again on this thread this week, so you guys can help me once again..

One more time I am extremly thankful for your feedback...

Thanks

4 days is very doable, but this will still have you on the road for 10 to 12 hours a day. This will pretty much keep you to Interstate highways, and most of your sightseeing will be out of the windshield of a moving car. It looks like your overnights will be near Mountain Home ID, Rawlins WY, and Hays KS.

Default Still the "Why"

It is a very good thing that you've added some time to your trip, but as I mentioned, 4 days still is very much a speed run pace.

Now, that means you can make the trip safely, but you won't have time to see much, other than what you drive-by on a freeway. So really, as was asked before, what is the "why" for this trip? Why are you doing it and what do you hope to achieve? If you just need to get to Little Rock in a quick fashion, you're ok now, but if you were hoping to have a real roadtrip where you get to explore, and stop to see things along the way, you could end up being disappointed.