1. Default Central West Camping Road Trip

My Husband and I and our 10 yo daughter are planning to fly from Tampa to Salt Lake City Utah on July 18th, and fly back on August 2nd, this year. While we're there, we plan to rent a car and load it up with camping gear. We'd like to hit as many national parks as possible, including driving up to Yellowstone, then hitting the Grand Tetons, then back on down to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, and Mount Zion National Park. We've never been out west before. Is this doable? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Default Never heard the phrase before, but it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by landers45 View Post
    My Husband and I and our 10 yo daughter are planning to fly from Tampa to Salt Lake City Utah on July 18th, and fly back on August 2nd, this year.
    The perfect description of one of our "fly-n-drive" roadtrips, welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Here are some family road trip planning tips that you might find helpful -- your 10-year old is at a perfect age for some of those tips! Since you are going to the parks, she might also really enjoy enrolling in the NATIONAL PARK PASSPORT Program. More information about that here.

I've never heard "Central West" before, but it makes sense! OK, as to the logistics.... It's possible to drive to all of the listed parks in two weeks, but the pace is going to feel like a race instead of a family road trip. The Grand Canyon is pretty warm for camping this time of year -- it can be done, but you really need to be prepared for high temperatures. You could easily spend a month in each of those parks and only see a fraction of that offer. I would suggest that you choose one area and spend a little more time there. Perhaps the Tetons/Yellowstone or the Bryce and Zion area.

Mark