I will be traveling with my husband and 2 kids in their 20's from July 28 to August 8. We will be spending 2 days in San Francisco, then driving through wine country and have 4 days to see stuff before being due in Ashland, OR for 2 nights. We have tickets to two of the Shakespeare plays at the Shakespeare festival. We are planning to drive back through Redwoods National Park (one full day), spend the night in Trinidad, CA and then spend a full day driving east through Redding and down to Sacramento, where we will get our flight home the next morning. We are thinking of visiting a winery in Healdsburg, CA and are not really wine people, so don't want more than a day doing that. We would rather spend more time out of the car, even if we see fewer places. Visiting a gold rush town might be nice. We enjoy hiking. I hear that the Great Cats World Park in Cave Junction, OR is a worthwhile stop, but this would likely subtract time from our only day to visit Redwoods National Park unless we re-route our trip north. Lassen Volcanic National Park looks interesting--is it worth the time? Any suggestions about the above or any other places to go or stay would be most appreciated.