I have been reading the threads and the advice people have got has been awesome!!!
Me and my partner are trekking down from Seattle to LA for three weeks this summer, which is pre-planned, but we have 10 days when that trek has finished to carry on! We are definatley hiring a car and are trying to plan a fun and action packed 10 days.
At the moment we are thinking (but this is where we need advice!!) about starting in LA and then:
1) Driving up to San Francisco via the coastal road.
2) Driving from SF to Lake Tahoe.
3) From LT to Yosemite.
3) From Y to Kings Canyon and Death Valley.
4) From Kings\ Death Valley to Mojave.
5) From Mojave to Joshua Tree.
6) From Joshua Tree to San Diego.
7) From SD back to LA.
Now is probably far too much, but the position everything is, it seems like a very exciting route to take. There is the possibility of us sacrificing a trip to Hawaii, which would mean we would have 16 days instead of ten.
I am in desperate need of some adive as to what to do. We are very adventurous and active, and would welcome any advice you can give!!!!
Dan and Sarah!!!