1. Default trip out west next summer

I am plannning a trip out west next summer and would apprecitate any input. I will be traveling with my 3 kids and wife from ohio and would like to see as many historical sites as possible. I have about 2 weeks to do this and really want to make this a trip my 3 teens will remember.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default the west is a big place

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The amount of help that you can get on this or any internet forum depends upon how much you put into it, and your post really doesn't tell us anything. "The West" could mean everything from Texas to Seattle (and more) and covers millions of square miles, with thousands of historical sites in that area.

If you would like some meaningful help, you really need to start by telling us what work you've already done and the plans you've already come up with. We can help you with the details of your trip, but we can't build one for you.

Tucson, AZ

Default A Multitude of Spins

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I'm afraid that "out west" and "historical" both cover way to much ground for me to offer you any specific advice. On the other hand, 2 weeks is not nearly enough time to see everything there is on offer. So your first task is going to have to be to come up with something a bit more narrowly focused. This would be a great family exercise. Get the kids involved by asking them what they'd like to see. As some examples of where you might go and what you might concentrate on consider the following possibilities: a Laura Ingalls Little House on the Praise tour of the northern plains; a cowboys and Indians themed tour of cavalry forts, cow towns, pony express stations and the like; a drive that follows in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark along the Missouri and Columbia Rivers; trekking one of the old pioneer routes such as the Oregon Trail; or learning about the native peoples by visiting some of the old ruins and current Pueblos in the southwest. The list of possibilities is practically endless. That's both a prize and a problem.