Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Norwegians on roadtrip october 2009

Hi!

Three freind of me and myself are going on a 16 days roadtrip this fall. We will arrive New York 02.october and are going to drive to Las Vegas. We will set direction for Salt Lake and drive to Vegas from threre. We plan to use about 8 days from New York to Vegas. Is there anything we absolutly have to see or any places we have to visit along this route?

1. We are going to rent a car, and need help to find a good firm to rent from.

2. I also plan to give the guys a mission each day. I need tips to what those missions can be. Example: make sure we get invited to a student party, drink a beer every time we make a stop (not the driver of course).

3. We are also going to have a challenge every day. It can be something like eat the most, taking the longest pee etc; but we need a lot more challanges :-)

Hope someone can help :-)

Default RoadTrip Challenges are part of the mystique

Quote Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
    Three freind of me and myself are going on a 16 days roadtrip this fall.
    What happens after you reach Las Vegas? Will you be returning by car or flying out? October is a great month for roadtripping and eight days will work fine. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum.

The first thing I would do is have all you take this quiz and make sure you are all planning on the same kind of trip!

For a list of some possible road trip challenges we've thought of -- check out these.

Mark

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sedenquist View Post
    What happens after you reach Las Vegas? Will you be returning by car or flying out?

Mark
    Hi!

Thaks for fast reply. We will fly back to NY and return to Norway from there.

Default That's a reasonable approach

OK, well, there's nearly an infinite number of attractions and places to visit on the your road trip from NYC. What kinds of things are you looking forward to seeing?

On the subject of car rentals -- often you can find the best car deals when you book with a local company that has an affiliate relationship here in the states. Here is a place to start your investigations.

Mark

5. Default

I guess we are looking for a good time and will spend a lot of time to party.
    Visit some student campus and see if life as a student really is like it looks like in all the movis (American Pie, Roadtrips etc) :p

We are not looking for museum and that kind of stuff. We are easy to entertain, rodeo, motorshow and that sort of stuff.

We would also like to spend a night or two in a really small town, and not just the big city.

Default A few more parameters

What are the ages of each of you?

How much are you budgeting for this adventure?
    I guess we are looking for a good time and will spend a lot of time to party. Visit some student campus and see if life as a student really is like it looks like in all the movis (American Pie, Roadtrips etc) :p
    There hasn't been a place that resembles life in those movies forever. Do you have a membership in a social group that would make it easier to make connections for these party times? Are you in contact with contemporaries using Twitter, Facebook, etc?
    We are not looking for museum and that kind of stuff. We are easy to entertain, rodeo, motorshow and that sort of stuff.
    Well that should be easy to find. Do you want to do any camping or do you prefer hostels and motels? Do you want any day hiking or climbing?

Mark

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sedenquist View Post
    What are the ages of each of you?

How much are you budgeting for this adventure?
    There hasn't been a place that resembles life in those movies forever. Do you have a membership in a social group that would make it easier to make connections for these party times? Are you in contact with contemporaries using Twitter, Facebook, etc?
    Well that should be easy to find. Do you want to do any camping or do you prefer hostels and motels? Do you want any day hiking or climbing?

Mark
    we are in late 20s.

Budget is about 3-5k pr. person.

I guess we will have to make contackt by faccebok, we sont have any membership.

We will spend the nights at hotels and motels.

Not much hiking or climbing...

Are you going all the way to USA to just drink... ;) At least go and see a few things (grand canyon). Aynway it will be a nice trip, you cant go wrong with a road trip in USA...

Nordmenn på tur.... :)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by illusion View Post
    Are you going all the way to USA to just drink... ;) At least go and see a few things (grand canyon). Aynway it will be a nice trip, you cant go wrong with a road trip in USA...

Nordmenn på tur.... :)
    Noted :)

Just keep the tips coming.

Do you have any route planned out, or are you just taking the first road that goes west? :) (remember west can become east when you are drunk)