1. Default Best Route S. Central MI to FL

Permanently relocating myself and two children (9 and 14) from Jackson MI to Spring Hill FL. We hit the road Monday and my dad (a life long trucker) tells me not to take I-75 because it is boring. Is I-65/I69 to 10 a better route?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default its not the road

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Sorry to say, I think your dad has allowed his job to cloud his ability to enjoy time on the road. Remember, driving for a living is a whole lot different than taking a road trip! If you loved eating ice cream, your ability to enjoy it might change if you spent your life working at an ice cream plant!

Simply put, No road is boring, unless the driver decides it will be boring! There are lots of interesting things you could see and do along I-75, but the same could also be said about taking I-65. I'd look at both options and see which has more things that appeal to you and your family. What sorts of things do you enjoy doing, and how much time do you have for the trip?

take I 75 to Tennesee then go east through the smokies it's more scenic you get to see the mountains the Carolina low country then down I 95 on in to FLA