1. Default Vegas to Grand Canyon South and West Rim

Hi there

I would like some advice please.

I am planning to do a trip from Las Vegas --> Zion --> Bryce --> Grand Canyon South Rim --> Grand Canyon West Rim --> LA --> up the coast along Highway 1, cut across to Yosemite and final destination of San Francisco.

For the first part of the journey, I have been advised that it would be better to go directly to GC West Rim from Vegas, then onto Zion after that, Bryce and GC South Rim to LA.

Can anyone let me know if this is the best/quickest/easiest route to take please. Or suggest alternatives.

thanks in advance :)

Default That works if.... you have a helicopter

Quote Originally Posted by beegee View Post
    For the first part of the journey, I have been advised that it would be better to go directly to GC West Rim from Vegas, then onto Zion after that, Bryce and GC South Rim to LA.
    Just curious, how were you planning to drive from West Rim of the GC to Zion? If you have a flying car or a helicopter, you could hop the "gorge" and go up to Zion, but there are no roads of any kind connecting the West Rim with Zion.

Personally, I don't think a stop at the West Rim attraction makes any sense whatsoever -- but if you still want to do it. I'd recommend Vegas>West Rim>South Rim>Kanab(via Alt-89)>Zion>Bryce and then back south on I-15 to LA. You already have some suggestions from your earlier post about the coastal routes.

Mark

3. Default

Not sure how we were getting from West Rim to Zion!! esp as we dont have a flying car :P lol

We would quite like to do a helicopter and boat ride, and most of these are from the West Rim only.

THanks for your suggestions - will def check it out!

Default Misunderstanding perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by beegee View Post
    Hi there
    For the first part of the journey, I have been advised that it would be better to go directly to GC West Rim from Vegas,
    We would quite like to do a helicopter and boat ride, and most of these are from the West Rim only.
    It's quite possible they meant visit the West rim from Vegas by helicopter as that is where most of the combined tours start out from. Then you can start your drive from Vegas either way around. It's a great loop trip but how much time do you have ?
    Another option would be to take a helicopter tour from the Grand canyon airport in Tusayan just outside of the National parks Southern entrance to South rim.