1. Default NY to FL with an 8year old

I am trying to plan a road trip from Westchester County in NY to Orlando Florida. I am traveling with my 8 year old daughter as well. I may want to stop in Virginia also. Has anyone done this before? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Best route, travel time, travel games, where to rest. I will be traveling mid August. Thanx

How many days do you have, what kind of sightseeing do you want to do, and what are your and your daughter's interests?

Default Lower Limits

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Such a trip will take two days minimum, even if your daughter is an intrepid traveler. If that's all the time you have then you're just looking at I-95 all the way down and just minimal stops, Half way would be around Fayetteville, NC. For more general tips on traveling with children, check these resources. Of course, if you have more time, then you can start to see a few of the great places along the way.

AZBuck

4. Default

Thankx GLC,

I was planning on leaving NY on Friday the 14th and have about 8-9 days. This is a first for us so any and all sightseeing is possible.

Okay, now do you want to see cities, beaches, or mountains?