1. Default request for feedback about car trip from AZ/UT/CO/WY/ID/OR/WA, and possibly up to AK

I'm new on this forum, but wanted your comments about if you have done the trip below and the time frame.

I'm meeting my boyfriend in August in Phoenix, and we'll be driving north through southern Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington for 3 weeks. I may or may not join my boyfriend for the final 7-10 days of going from Vancouver to Anchorage via land.

Have you driven from Vancouver to Anchorage? If so, how long did you spend? I read that it can take 4/5 days of non-stop driving. I'm not interested in non-stop driving, but would prefer to stop in between for a day or two. Is it even possible to rent a car from Vancouver and drop it off in Anchorage (I don't think so, but please confirm)?

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default If you have lots of $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by tatiana View Post
    Have you driven from Vancouver to Anchorage? If so, how long did you spend?
    It takes a full week to drive from Vancouver to Anchorage. It's about 2300 miles and if you drive 10 hours per day, you can expect the trip to take 4.5 days... Yes, there are one-way rentals but need to expect to pay ~ $600 in drop-off fees. So, if you have lots of money to burn that's an option. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!

Joplin MO

The speed limit on the Alaska Highway in Canada is 50 mph. You can't average that due to construction zones and traffic, it's a hilly and winding 2 lane road and you may get stuck behind slow RV's in August. You have to consider that in your calculations. Vancouver to Anchorage will be a full 6 days of driving.

I just searched Orbitz for one way rentals from either Seattle or Vancouver to Anchorage - no availability.