Thread: Milw to Tenesse

1. Default Milw to Tenesse

Hello Everyone,

This is our first road trip it is a short one but we are looking to make it the best. I am in search of a really cool resturant some place that is different and will give us a great experience. Maybe a place that is about 4 hours into the trip to break it up. Anyone have any ideas. We will be traveling with 3 kids 8, 6, and 1. We will be leaving on the 1st of July and returning on the 6th of July.

Thanks

It would help if you told us where in TN you are going. You are right at the limit of a prudent 1 day trip to begin with, especially with small children.

Default a tough one

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I agree that your making a hard job even harder by not telling us where exactly you are going, but regardless, restaurant recommendations are probably the single least answered questions on the forum. The fact is there are thousands of restaurants in every state, and there's just not the volume here for respondent to visit even a tiny fraction of them. Throw in the fact that with the turnover in the restaurant industry, even the best places one day can be under new management or closed altogether the next.

Asking a local when you arrive in a place you want to eat, and simply looking for places where the parking lot is generally the best advice for finding good road food. However, in this case, if you know about where you're going to stop (I'm guessing perhaps Indy as being in the ballpark of 4 hours from Milwaukee), you can try to search around the websites of local newspapers and try to find some insight there.

Default Not Unique, But...

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forums!

My wife, who grew up in the Midwest, introduced me to her personal favorite chain restaurant and we make a point of stopping any time we run across one in our travels in that part of the world. That's Steak 'n Shake. They do offer great burgers, fries and milk shakes, as the name implies, but they also have healthier meals if you're of a mind. Their website should let you find any number of locations along your route, but I'd suggest that you try for one of the ones in a smaller town.

AZBuck

They do offer great burgers
    That's debatable and all personal taste. I don't consider a 1/4 inch thick burger fried well done to be "great". To me, it's a "sit down and get waited on" fast food joint. It is a good value at the low end of the cost spectrum.