1. Default Atlanta to Tucson

I am relocating from Atlanta to Tucson, and I would like to make it a roadtrip instead of a long drive. I have never been on a roadtrip before, but i have read through most of the amazing advice in this forum and read other people's trips to AZ. My biggest worry is driving through Texas. I was gonna do the I-10 route because I wanted to stop through Houston, but I read one blogger's comments that it was not very interesting in Texas. I have only 2-3 days to make it to Tucson, and I have to visit family and friends in Houston. Any advice?

Tucson, AZ

Default Not a RoadTrip

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

With only two days, you simply cannot drive from Atlanta to Tucson. Period. With only three days, you could just possibly make it as a Speed Run, but that would leave no time for detours, interesting stops, and certainly no time for a visit with family. So the first thing you'll really need to do is realize that with your stated time restrictions, this can only be a very 'long drive'.

Joplin MO

The only way you are going to get from Atlanta to Tucson in 3 days is via I-20 with stops in Shreveport and Odessa. If you go to Houston, it will take a day and a half just to get there, then 2 days to get from Houston to Tucson.