Default Wandering the East Coast..

Hi all, so I've got a friend visiting from London, England this Summer that has yet to visit the East Coast (aside from NYC), so I really want to show her why its such a great place! Personally I'm really familiar with the Northeast, but south of New York I'm kind of clueless so I was hoping you might have some suggestions. We're spending the first few weeks she's here mostly in New England, but I'm planning on taking 10 days off in early to mid-August to travel further, so I was thinking something like...

shoot down 95-S through New York (she has a friend in NYC she wants to visit), go down through Phily, Baltimore, D.C., see some of the scenery in Monongahela Nat'l Forest, and then head back to the coast through Richmond to Hampton Beach, and bounce back to either Raleigh or Charlotte where we're gonna be meeting up with a friend. I just basically made this up off the top of my head looking at Google Maps so its really up in the air. I would like to make it over to Nashville too but I think I'm already being overly ambitious...ideas? thoughts? critiques?

edit: we're both huge music buffs too if that helps in recommending anything!

Tucson, AZ

Default Déjà Vu All Over Again

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forums!

It's probably true that there's nothing new under the sun, and there was a request for suggestions for a RoadTrip very similar to the one you're now planning. I don't think I can improve on the advice I gave then, and such a loop through some of the best of the east coast can be easily and comfortably driven in the 10 days or so you have available.