Default seattle-santa maria-seattle

My husband and I are planning a round trip from seattle in sept 09. We are in the planning stage, we've booked flights to seattle and home again from seattle, we have 21 days. I would like to stay in seattle 2 nights at start, san fran 3 nights, 2 nights seattle at the end. I have a rough idea that i want to travel down to santa maria on hwy 101 staying at the madonna inn as our turning point, then back up inland taking in some national parks inc yosemite and crater lake. I would welcome any ideas places to stay things to do etc. Do you think this trip is possible in the time we have?

Joplin MO

You should have enough time to do this trip. This is the routing I would take:

Go to Olympia on I-5, then take US-101 all the way down the coast to Leggett, CA, then CA-1 to SF. From SF, take CA-1 to where it rejoins US-101 in San Luis Obispo. From Santa Maria, go back up US-101 to CA-46, then CA-41 toward Yosemite. From there, there are several ways to get back north depending on what you want to see and how much time you have left.

Major portions of this routing can be slow going, so keep your eye on the time and plan your stops carefully.

South of England.

Default Some links.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

You are in for a great trip and there are plenty of options available to you. You have got a good start on planning your trip but I would suggest having another look at the map and while plotting your route search the forums and roadtrip planning pages for info on other places of interest to you. Once you have joined those dots I am sure that we will be able to help you "fine tune" your trip to get the best from the time available.
    You might find some of these threads helpful in your planning by picking out pieces of info from each, Overview of Oregon, Pacific Northwest, from LA to Canada and and SF, Yosemite and more

Default seattle-santa maria-seattle

Thanks for the great help, will get the maps out and start planning.