1. Default CAR NEWS: Cash for Clunkers Law

Well, sorry if I'm on the wrong category...but i really dunno where to post this

First, hi to all! Charlz here! glad to be part of this community!

Did some of you Guys heard this news:

The House approved a "cash for clunkers" bill that aims to boost new auto sales by allowing consumers to turn in their gas-guzzling cars and trucks for vouchers worth up to $4,500 toward more fuel-efficient vehicles. President Barack Obama has encouraged Congress to approve consumer incentives for new car purchases as part of the government's work to restructure General Motors and Chrysler. The House approved the bill 298-119.

A newbie "Me"
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 06-17-2009 at 03:51 AM. Reason: New Members May Not Post OFf-Site Links

2. Default

I heard that a few days ago and there's no way I'm turning over my Grand Marquis for something I'd have to pay $$$$$ for. No way, no how. I'm happy with my fully paid for roomy car that gets good gas mileage. More importantly, the air conditioner works perfectly!

Now if I had a clunker........maybe I'd consider the offer, but I can't see forking over all that cash, or worse, financing, in these uncertain times, especially since all our cars are in great condition and are all finance free.

New cars are mighty expensive these days, especially when I remember that I paid $3250 for my very first brand spanking new car. Talk about inflation. eek!

Default A political "hot potato"

These wonderful forums are most certainly not the place to engage in political debate. I will simply encourage anybody interested in the Clunkers for Cash to thoroughly explore, with independent research, the mechanisms and methodologies involved in the pending and proposed legislation. There are substantial and meaningful arguments both for and against the manner by which this program is planned, one of the most interesting of which is the fuel mileage differentials proposed and an alternative method of determining the long-term fuel savings and therefore environmental benefits.