1. Default Vancouver to SanFrancisco and return stops

Hello all, I'm new here and wasnt sure where to post...sorry for the double post but I thought it would be better to start a new I couldn't find anything quite like what I need to know.

I have done a lot of research and just want to check in to see if my stops are viable and worth it and if there is anything great we might be missing.

From Van to San Fran: 3 days, 2 nights (we have a 3rd night we could spend if necessary.)

Day 1 We are going to do the 1-5 to Astoria; then hop along to stay in Cannon Beach that night. (we hope to camp)

Day 2 Cannon Beach to short stops in Lincoln City and Sea Lion Caves along the coast until we reach Crescent City and spend the night there. Is this a good place to stay? We can camp or motel it?

Day 3 Drive the Redwood highway from Crescent City to SFO. Just a few scenic stops along the way...Is there anything worth spending time at between here?

RETURN TRIP: (taking the quicker 1-5 route home)
    Day 1 Leave from Sonoma/Napa 1-5 to Klamath Falls (is this worth the stop?)
    then to Crater Lake for a quick visit to the Lake and spend the night somewhere around here?
    Day 2 Drive from Crater Lake area to Portland to spend the night with maybe a stop along the way in Salem?
    Day 3 Portland to Vancouver BC

Is this feasible for a somewhat relaxed trip there and back? (In between we have a week we are spending in San Fran and Carmel and Napa)

Many thanks!

Tucson, AZ

Default Best Advice

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You seem to have laid out a good general pace and should be able to complete your trip without feeling rushed. If you'd like to add some more stops along the way, Judy laid out some of your best options some time ago, and I can't do better than what she did.