Default Summer Roadtrip Story: Northeast

Hey All!

I'm currently writing up an article for my newspaper on summer road trip ideas, and have looked through this site a lot the past couple weeks, and you all seem pretty knowledgeable!

Here's my thing: I'm trying to not include popular destinations (NYC, Philadelphia, etc...) and I have an added focus of attractions within areas, like the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame and lesser known attractions like the Lost World Caverns (WV).

So my question is: Where are some of your favorite places within the following states to roadtrip?: PA, NY, WV, VA, MA, DE, RI, NJ, TN, KY, OH, IL, IN, NC, and SC.

Thanks all!

2. Default

In NY state it would have to be Letchworth State Park, Allegany State Park, and anywhere on the Finger Lakes.

Default Unpopular?

Quote Originally Posted by tjtanzos View Post
    Here's my thing: I'm trying to not include popular destinations (NYC, Philadelphia, etc...) and I have an added focus of attractions within areas, like the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame
    I'd say that the Rock & Roll HOF in Cleveland is actually one of the more popular destinations for that city.

That's a huge swath of the country that you are attempting to cover in an article. It sounds more like it's just going to be a list of places to see instead of a more in-depth article describing the destinations. Is that accurate?

mmm, sort of.
    I'm planning on picking five regions in different directions from our circulation area, and then focusing on different things to do within those areas. For example, southern Maine, or western Tennessee.