1. Default California RV Roadtrip with kids!

Hi there

I am looking for some advice. We are coming over from the UK in August, arriving in LA and hiring an RV. I just wondered if anyone can advise on a good trip with an RV taking in the coast and Yosemite. Any sites that are worth seeing and especially for kids. We live in a city so are hoping to stay well clear of any on our trip. Many thanks

Tucson, AZ

Default Alive and Well

Welcome to the RoadTrip America forums!

Actually, we have tons of recommendations for that general area, far more than I think you'll be able to cover on one trip. Have a look through those discussions for ideas, but keep in mind that due to fire damage and budget constraints due to the economy some California state parks may not be fully operational this summer.

South of England.

Default National parks

Camping in the NP's is a great way to enjoy natural surroundings but if you haven't booked sites it may be to late already for places like Yosemite, Grand canyon and other popular parks. If that is something you would like to do I would check availabilities immediately you have worked out what dates you will be where. Here is NPS website that has all the info you will need.
    Have a look at the links Buck gave you, plus there are many more throughout the forum and have a look at the map. When you have a general idea of your itinerary let us know with any further questions you may have and we can help you "fine tune" your trip.
    Generally kids love the great outdoors but things for them to do depend on there ages and interests.