1. Default Traveling across country by car

My hubby and I are planning a very ambitious trip across country. Leaving SW Florida, going to Branson MO, SD, all state parks, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Louisana, and home.
    Starting 7/9 and planning at least 4 to 6 weeks. Any and all advise appreciated. Driving by car.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default thats a roadtrip

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

It sounds like you've got a nice roadtrip sketched out. I'm not quite sure what you mean by going to "all state parks" nor do I really know what you have for questions. This site if full of information though, so I'm sure you can learn quite a bit just by looking around a bit.

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Sounds fun!

How can we help you? Do you have specific questions, or just need some general info? The more specific your question(s), the better we can help.

4. Default

Sorry, in my haste to email, I said State Parks, but what I meant to say was National Parks. We will be leaving SW Florida, going through AL, Miss, TN (plan to stop at Graceland), Littlerock, Branson MO, (couple of days there, taking in a show - any suggestions what is a great show?), Omaha NEB, Mount Rushmore in SD, then on to Yellowstone, Jacksonhole WY, Salt Lake City Ut, Grand Canyon, Sedona AZ, Phoenix, Rt 10 to New Orleans.

Basically we will be sight seeing at these places, if anyone has a recommendation on what to see on the way through these areas, let us know. Good restaurants, and sleeping places that are reasonable..

Tucson, AZ

Default Some Odds and Ends

Just a few sites that I know of that you might also want to hit along the way, and that seem to fit in with the places you're already planning on. The first is in Tupelo, MS. Given that you'll be driving right through town and you plan to see Graceland, why not stop and see where it all started, or even where the music started. Then in the Rapid City (Mount Rushmore) area, there are a host of interesting places including Wall Drug, Badlands National Park, the Crazy Horse Memorial, Wind Cave National Park and Jewel Cave National Monument, as well as Devils Tower.

Then in Tucson (my hometown) get a taste of the Sonoran Desert for something truly different with visits to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and Saguaro National Park. If your husband is a fan of military aircraft, one of the best museums outside Dayton is the Pima Air and Space Museum.

That should both keep you busy for a while and give you a sense of what's out there. While 4-6 weeks is plenty of time to cover the ground and see quite a bit, you'll only be scratching the surface.

6. Default re odds and ends

Hi AZBuck, Found your original message (accidentally I am sure!). So have written down your suggestions. Some we had already planned on seeing, but will see some of the ones you suggested that we hadn't known about, ie; Tupelo MS, Rapid City, Dayton Pima Air and Space Museums..among a few.

Thanks you have been really helpful! We are originally from New Hampshire...Retired to Florida in 2004. HOT right now!