1. Default Car rental concern

We're doing a fly-and-drive trip this summer, and I have an odd question:

I reserved my rental car about a hundred years ago. I have a print-out with a confirmation number. I have not paid anything (no deposit was requested). I should have a Chevy Trailblazer waiting for me at the airport.

Here's the problem: Avis quoted me a price around $480 -- I didn't think that was half bad for 19 days. However, I check prices frequently, hoping that they'll have gone down, but in this case the price has INCREASED significantly. The same dates, same SUV is now more like $1200. Huge difference. Huge, huge difference.

Obviously, I have my print-out along with my other reservations in my trip notebook. Am I going to have any problem getting my original price?

Default thats why you make a reservation

Well, the entire reason you make a reservation is to lock in a price, and if a company didn't want to honor that price, I know I wouldn't ever do business with them again.

It wouldn't hurt to call them now to confirm and make sure you don't have a problem once your vacation starts, but I don't think you should have any trouble.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    Well, the entire reason you make a reservation is to lock in a price, and if a company didn't want to honor that price, I know I wouldn't ever do business with them again.

It wouldn't hurt to call them now to confirm and make sure you don't have a problem once your vacation starts, but I don't think you should have any trouble.
    Well, you make a reservation to lock in a price AND to make sure that when you arrive at the Vegas airport on a Friday night in summer you KNOW you won't walk up to the counter to hear, "Sorry, we're out of everything." Both are valid reasons.

I will call them and confirm -- but since it's called a "quote", I'm nervous about it. I was hesitant to pick up the phone, thinking it might alert them to something I don't want them to think about ahead of time. But you're right -- it is what it is, and calling can't negate my confirmation number and printed reservation. I'll bite the bullet and call.

Default Let us know what happens

I'm curious. Hope they honor your price!