1. Default Nashville to San Fran, up the coast and back home

A friend and I are planning a road trip starting in Nashville. We have more places we want to see than we have time, but here's our list of stops so far:

Austin
    Carlsbad Caverns
    Grand Canyon (not camping here, just making a quickish stop)
    Yosemite
    San Francisco
    Redwoods
    Olympic National Park (if we have time to make it all the way up here)
    Seattle
    Salt Lake City (another quickish stop, we think)
    Boulder and Colorado Springs
    Back home

We have 25 days. Here are some of my questions. Do we have enough time to enjoy everything we want to do? Anybody have suggestions of things in between the longer stretches of the trip (for example, Grand Canyon to Yosemite) to stop and see? Know of any good wine tours near San Francisco or north of there? Are we leaving out something big we "must see" on this route? I doubt we'll get a reservation at a campground in Yosemite at this point, so can I trust coming early and getting a first come first serve campsite?

I am sure there are tons of questions that I haven't thought of yet. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Natalie

Default A lot to take in.

Hello and welcome to RTA !

Do we have enough time to enjoy everything we want to do?
    What do you want to do ? If you mean hit the places you have mentioned, then Yes. But with detours this looks like it's a 7000 mile trip, so to enable you to achieve that you will need to cover 280 miles a day, which would mean driving for approx 5 hours a day, every day. For each day you want to spend at a destination you will have a 560 mile day and be on the road for 9-10 hours.

Anybody have suggestions of things in between the longer stretches of the trip (for example, Grand Canyon to Yosemite) to stop and see?
    At this point I would get the map out again and look between your dots and find places that look of interest to you and then use the search button for this forum and the Internet to get more info as there would be pages and pages of suggestions on such a large trip.

I doubt we'll get a reservation at a campground in Yosemite at this point, so can I trust coming early and getting a first come first serve campsite
    It's worth trying if you know when you will be arriving there, if not arrive as early as you can to improve your chances of getting a spot.

I am sure there are tons of questions that I haven't thought of yet.
    As you build your trip just keep asking.

At this stage you need to think about the amount of driving you will be undertaking and whether you want to be on the go all the time or take a more relaxed approach. Personally I would consider using San Fran as a turn around point and enjoy more of the natural wonders that the Southwest has to offer.