1. Default San Fran to vegas then to l.a

Hi There,

Was wondering if someone could help me please. I have been planing a trip from san fran,vegas to l.a. Our hotels are all pretty much booked up but need help on a couple of things.
    We leave san fran on tuesday morning heading to Vegas we have aloud our selves all of tuesday day travelling and plan on staying at big sur tuesday night leaving wednesday morning carrying our journey onto vegas. Can anyone help with the route also a suggestion as to where to stay at big Sur. Our hotel is booked once we arriving at Vegas and would just need help with the route from vegas to L.A.
    I leave in a couple of weeks so any info passed on I would be very grateful.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default straightforward

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

If you take a look at your map, you'll see that getting down to Big Sur is pretty easy, because there is only one road that goes there, CA-1. The fastest way to Vegas from there would be continuing down towards Morro Bay, and then take CA-46, I-5, CA-58, and I-15. That will make for a pretty long day on the road, but it can be done. I-15 is the main route into Southern California from Vegas, depending upon where in the LA area you are going, its a very straightforward 5 hour drive.

There are thousands more posts on this subject, so you might simply want to look around this forum a bit more for more advice.

South of England.

Default Fuller first day.

I can't personally recommend hotels but I was wondering whether you might be better off continuing through Big Sur to San Simeon/Cambria area for your first night and have a fuller first day. Not only will it set you up for a quicker drive to Vegas, it could offer a more relaxing drive down the coast road from Big Sur to Cambria as you will be stopping the night and will be in no real hurry, rather than having the long drive to Vegas in your mind during that stretch.