1. Default phoenix, monument valley, grand canyon, vegas, yosemite, san francisco

Hi ..I am struggling with working out my itinerary.
    I am travelling with my wife and 12 year old daughter. We arrive in Tampa Fl on 07/16/09 and are staying for two weeks. We fly to Memphis Tn on 07/30/09 for two nights and fly to Phoenix Az on 08/01/09 at 16.10 pm.

From then on we wish to tour Monument Valley and the grand canyon and then wish to spend a night in vegas. Following this we want to see Yosemite and possible do some of the coastal drive up to San Francisco. We wish to fly from here onto New York on 08/12/09 before flying back to the UK on 08/15/09.

Am I cramming too much in??? Do you have any suggestions regarding suitable routes etc??

Many thanks in advance for any help

South of England.

Default Something to build from.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

That's quite some itinerary !

Am I cramming too much in???
    I guess that depends on the pace you wish to go at, but you certainly have plenty of time to chill in Florida.

With regards to Phoenix to San Fran in aprox 10 days it's certainly doable. You can get to MV in a day have a look around and stay in Kayenta or Cameron for the night as examples. A short drive to GC South rim via the East entrance along Desert view drive [64] and spend a night or two. Leave by the South entrance and take I-40 and the 93 over Hoover dam and onto Vegas. [You might want to hop off I-40 for a while and take old route 66 through Seligman to Kingman. From Vegas to Yosemite, take a drive across the incredible landscape of Death valley and stop somewhere like Bishop or Lee Vining [395] to put you in touch with Yosemite. Take the 120 over Tioga pass into the valley and spend a night [or 2] in or just outside the park on the Western side. That should leave you 3 or 4 nights to decide where on the coast to spend them. You could head for Carmel, take a drive around Big Sur and spend a couple of days in SF.
    That should give you an idea to get you started but get a map out, explore the forums and let us know as you have new questions.