1. Default Las Vegas to Anchorage

Hello all. I am new to the site and need some help. I have a possible move coming up from Las Vegas to Anchorage. I have read all over the internet about there being gas stations about every 25 to 50 miles on the Alaska Highway. I have been searching and cannot find any information as to maps of gas stations between say Dawson Creek BC and Watson Lake NT. Does anyone know of a detailed map that shows the exact locations of those stations?
    Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 05-07-2009 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Yukon Territory (YT) not NT

Joplin MO

The Milepost is the best guide out there to the Alaska Highway. There is basic information on the site, if you want more details you can buy the printed publications.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default First purchase s/b the 2009 Milepost

Quote Originally Posted by Duck60 View Post
    Does anyone know of a detailed map that shows the exact locations of those stations?
    Doug, I see you found your way here -- Excellent. I'm way behind on my book reviews -- but one of the titles waiting for some attention on my desk is this year's Milepost and every savvy Alaskan traveler I know carries one of these in their roadtripping vehicle.

I fixed the typo on your initial post YT instead of NT. The current Milepost provides updates every couple of miles along this entire highway with current road conditions (as of last fall). Here's my review of the 2008 Milepost to give you and idea of the scope of these books. It doesn't really give a list of the fueling stations, but it does give VERY detailed information about the scenic turnouts and attractions and it does list some of the locations of the fuel stations.

We have several members of the Forum who live along the AlCan and/or drive it 2-3 times each year. One of the RTA columnists is on the highway right now. I would suggest you contact member, Greg in ak, for some of your real specific questions -- Greg is very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

Melbourne, Australia

As one who is about to do that trip for the second time, I would highly recommend The Milepost. I would not do that trip without it. As already mentioned, it tells you absolutely everything you need to know. The map that comes with it is also very useful. And be assured, there are fuel supplies a-plenty.

Enjoy the trip, and leave plenty of time to see all the sights highlighted in The Milepost.