Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Trip from grand cayon to denver

Hi I will be taking a trip from the Grand Cayon to Denver in sommer can any one tell me the best way to drive.

Default no info

Welcome to the RTA forum!

There is no single best for any trip, and you haven't told us nearly enough to answer the question. We don't even know which side of the Canyon you are starting from. Without knowing how much time you have, if you are looking for fast interstate routes or 2 lane roads, routes that go by other national parks, your thoughts on mountain passes, or other details, we'd really just be throwing darts in the dark.

3. Default trip from the grand cayon to denver

Sorry I'm new at this, we will coming from the south rim travling to scottsbluff leaving the rim on the 16th having to be in scottsbluff the next day to check in the motel. We have thought about taking the sinic route up
    Hiway 191. It seems shorter and over santa fe is a longer distanst and afraid
    of coming in to a traffic jam on I 25 in colorado. I hope this is enough information for help.
    Thanks the german

Default Nice route !

Leave the South rim by the East entrance on 64 and head North on 89 and East on the 160 followed by the 163 through Monument valley and then the 191 to Moab and then onto I-70. Over 2 days you will be travelling about 8 hours a day so you should have time for a couple of short stops, perhaps Monument valley and/or Arches NP. Grand junction would be around half distance for a stop over, where there is the Colorado NM.

Default a bad idea either way

The distance between Scottsbluff Nebraska and the Grand Canyon is far more than you should be trying to do in one day.

I suspect that going up through Utah would probably be your fastest bet, but that is 900 miles, many of which are on 2 lane roads. That's likely going to take you 18 hours or more to drive, and that's if you don't stop at anything other than for gas/food/restrooms. Going via the interstate would allow you to drive faster, but its about 150 miles longer, and so the drive time would probably be a bit longer, but not by much.

In either case, it would be an extremely grueling day on the road, and it is far far more than we'd ever recommend in one day. To put it into a European perspective, it would be about the same distance as trying to drive from Berlin to Rome in one day.

Is there a very important reason that you have to get to Scottsbluff so quickly?

Default 2 day's.

Michael,

leaving the rim on the 16th having to be in scottsbluff the next day
    I am reading that as a two day trip.

7. Default trip from Grand Cayon to Scottsbluff

I have to be in scottsbluff between 7 O'clock and 8O'clock in the evening on the 17th Motel reservations.
    I will leave the grand cayon about 2Oclock and 3O'olock PM on the 16th and hope to drive between 4 to 6 o
    hours depending how tired we get. So i think we will need the next day about a 9 to 10 hour drive is this possible

Default its longer than that

That plan is better that I was thinking, but you are underestimating how long it will take to make this drive.

If you drive 4-6 hours the first day, you'll be looking at 12-14 hours the next. Again, your total trip here will be about 18 hours, while it can be done in a day and a half, it really would be better to take 2 full days. Especially when you consider you'll be going through one of the most amazing parts of the country, I suspect you'll want to stop a few times along the way.

If I were you, I'd try to leave by noon and get to Moab the first day at the latest. That will probably take you about 6-7 hours, if you limit your stops along the east rim of the canyon and as you drive by monument valley. That would set you up for a 10-12 hour day onto nebraska.

9. Default driving from Grand Cayon to Scottsbluff

Thanks Midwest Mike may you can tell me the best way to get from Scottsbluff to Yellowstone I will be staying in the Cayon Lodge maybe you can tell me wich entrance to take. Thank you the german

Default Why Scottsbluff?

At this point, I really think it would make more sense for you to just lay out your entire trip, than to try and piece together things segment by segment. Right now I can't figure out why you would be going all the way to Nebraska if you are traveling between the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone.