1. Default Summer Roadtrip From NJ to Miami

Hi everyone I just graduated college and I will be travelling with my two girlfriend from Italy who have never been in America before.
    We wanted to drive down to Miami and Stay there for 5 days and then drive back. We are interested in Historical monuments as well as natural parks.

I needed advice for what concernes the best stops to make and the most interesting /must see things on the way.

I was thinking maybe going through I-95 one way and another road the other.
    I would like to stop in Hilton Head SC and also if possible near Charlotte NC and Washington DC because I have family and friends there.

Please help me make this trip an unforgettable vacation.

thank you

ciao Georgia

South of England.

Default An apology.

Hello and welcome to the R.T.A. forums!

Sorry for the belated welcome, it rarely happens but you seem to have slipped through unnoticed and we try and welcome all new members promptly.

I also apologise that I cannot offer any personal info on your up coming road trip as it is an unfamiliar area to me. However I can point you in the direction of this thread and although it is travelling in the other direction is full of good info. You will also notice tags at the bottom of the link that will lead you to plenty more threads on the area. Have a good look around the forums using the search button for ideas and when you get an idea of places that interest you, post up your thoughts and questions and I am sure someone will be along with the answers.
    I would also recommend letting people know how long you have for the road trip part of your vacation to get the best from the advice given.

Have a great trip !

3. Default

thank you for your help...I'll take a look and hopefully I'll find what I need thank again bst regards georgia

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Default North Carolina

I'd recommend a drive along the Outer Banks of North Carolina with Cape Hatteras, site of the first flight, and first English settlement. and, of course, the Cape Hatteras LIghthouse. Wilmington is also a must-stop.

On the SC-NC border, here's a town called Calabash with some of the best seafood around. Check out some Beach Music at Myrtle Beach, SC, and see where the Civil War began at Fort Sumter, Charleston.