1. Default driving from wisconsin to yellowstone

We are driving from midwest wisconsin to yellowstone this June. We would have already seen Mt Rushmore so dont need to spend much time there. 12 year daughter is going also. She loves doing all the touristy sort of things. What can we see along the way. Is there alternate route to see other things on way home . Any suggestions?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default more than rushmore

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

First of all, here are some of the more touristy things that would be right along your route if you take I-90. I will also note that there is much more to do in western south dakota than just Mount Rushmore. Places like the Badlands, Wind or Jewel Caves, Custer State Park and the rest of the Black Hills could easily fill up a couple weeks all by themselves.

If you are looking for something different on the way back, you might want to take I-94 across North Dakota instead. You could stop at Teddy Roosevelt National Park, among other things as you get a little different perspective but would take about the same amount of time.

Minneapolis Metro

Sounds like fun!...
    I have been out that way a few times and I don’t know which way you are going but I always liked getting off I-90 in Buffalo or Sheridan, WY and heading over the Bighorns. It takes a little longer but the scenery and drastic changes between Mountains and High Plains between the Bighorns and Yellowstone were pretty cool.
    Also if you get a chance try to take the Beartooth Pass on Hwy 212 East of Yellowstone. It usually opens Memorial Day weekend and is hands down one of the most beautiful drives in the country!