1. Default road trip from Canton ohio to Los Angeles

My sister is moving to LA so i am driving with her as well as my aunt and mother who will be driving in another car. We were thinking about taking route 40 but we are not dead set. We will be leaving may 12th and are planing on taking 5-6 days for the trip. Any suggestions on stops to make, fun places to eat, or other routes to take would be very helpful. We have never drives west ever for any of us so it will be a first so we want to take the best route to see the best sites ie: grand canyon, Yosemite maybe even vegas. A friend did the journey and she loved stopping in boulder colorado. Please help with any suggestions. Thank you in advance

Tucson, AZ

Default Barely Enough Time

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Even 6 full days is nearly the bare minimum required to get from Canton to Los Angeles with a convoy of two cars and see most of the places you've mentioned. You will have very little time to actually spend at your stops. But as long as you are OK with that, you can at least do a quick drive by of some spectacular sites. You'd take I-71 down to I-70 west through St. Louis, and Denver (and a short detour up to Boulder if you are ahead of schedule), to Arches National Park. From there head south on US-191/US-163 through Monument Valley to the Grand Canyon, Finishing up on I-40/US-93 to Las Vegas and I-15 to Los Angeles. You simply don't have time to include Yosemite and all of your visits en route will need to be short.