1. Default Ft Lauderdale,FL to Connecticut

My wife and I are planning our first road trip for May. Neither one of us have ever done this. We're doing as much research as we can for this trip. Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated. If anyone has some ideas on some cool attractions or good road trip tips, please post. I look foward to hearing from everyone. By the way, we have 3 weeks off for this trip and have no problem squeezing every drop out of that time. So time is not much of a problem for us.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

With three weeks time, you could fit in a lot of different places to see.

Are you planning on going anywhere particular in Connecticut?

Some random thoughts off the top of my head:

You have time to explore the Smoky Mountains, to take a ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive.

Maybe a stop in Washington, D.C. or one of the other great cities of the East coast such as Philadelphia, New York City, or a jaunt up to Boston for a couple of days.

3. Default

Thanks so much for the advice!!! We definitely want to see the smokey mountains. But I didn't know about blue ridge parkway and skyline dr. Those places look fantastic. My wife and I love hiking, so those locations sound very ideal. We are definitely spending some time in washington dc and New York City. We were also thinking about going a little off the path of I95 and checking out Stone Mountain and Six Flags in Atlanta, GA. We also have in mind to drive the extra miles and visit Niagra Falls. We didn't have anything specific in mind in CT, except for visiting some of my wife's family there. That's actually what sparked the idea of this road trip. Anyways, thanks again for the tips. If you have anymore ideas please reply again.

Tucson, AZ

Default More Ways to Skin a Cat

This post lists some other worthwhile stops on the basic trip that Tim described, while this post lists several stops along an alternative, more coastal, route that you might use on the way back.