1. Default Flying into Los Angeles and out from San Franciso??

I'll be flying to California to tour San Franciso, Los Angeles and Las Vegas this summer from Singapore for about 16 days. Sights which I'm interested in include the Yosemite, Seqoia, Kings Canyon, Grand Canyon, Hearst Castle, Big Sur coastal drive.. etc. If time permits, may be will try to head up to Oregon to visit Mt Rainer.

Could anyone advise whether it is better fly in and out from San Franciso or should I fly in from one City and out from the other e.g. fly into Los Angeles and out from San Franciso? I'm not sure whether the sights which I want to cover make sense for me to do a loop back to San Franciso or should I just take advantage of the open jaw flights which do not cost me extra $$ and to save on the driving between San Franciso and Los Angeles.

Prompt response will be very much appreciated, as I need to book my airfare tomorrow to take advantage of the promotional fare. Thanks a zillion.

Joplin MO

I would do a loop trip to save on the cost of a rental car. To rent a car in one city and drop it off in another usually involves extra dropoff fees. Check that out with the rental companies before you make your decision.

South of England.

Default A loop [without Mt Ranier]

Hello and welcome to the R.T.A forums.

To see the sights you have listed, other than Mount Ranier I would say your trip would be best suited to a loop, starting in either one of the following 3 city's, San Fran, LA or Vegas. This will save you cutting back and forth between the coast and inland on a one way trip to hit those places mentioned.
    However, if you decide you want to see Mount Ranier which is approx 790 miles from SF you would have to consider flying out from Seattle.
    I think you time would be better spent taking a visit to the Grand canyon and/or Zion NP from Vegas then adding those extra miles.

When you have decided let us know if you would like some help with your itinerary.