I have a Limousine business in NYC and with the slow market, i thought of taking an advantage of the current situation. I am buying a Stretch Limousine on 04-15-09 in LA, and driving to NYC. I always wanted to do a cross country trip and this is my time. I am 30 years old, single and will be single on the trip unless someone wants to join me (for the trip).
I plan to arrive CA on 04-15-09, and then drive to my cousin's to Phoenix AZ and stay overnight there.
I have about 6-8 days for this entire trip so i planned not to have many plans so i can have some freedome.
1) Where do i stay overnight between LA and Phoenix AZ where i can have a good 1-2 hour seight seeing or nice sit around a river or lake with a great breakfast?
2) I will stay overnight in Phoenix and then leave on 17th (Friday) morning to the town of Grand Canyon (on route 64 which is about 225 miles away from Phoenix) and arrive there by noon and spend 2-3 hours there and then head towards monumnet valley.
3) Now being a New Yorker, single, and first time in the west, i am lost at this point, i have no idea where to stay where to stop by after this point on my way back. I can search on google, but a live help and suggestions would be great. I will have a GPS & Iphone with maps with me.
4) I initially plan to take Route 70 all the way to NYC, but some interesting stpos would do. I only plan to travel about 400-500 miles per day so i can relax and spend some time seeing the beautiful country.
5) At last, money is not a problem for this trip now, but i am driving a stretch limousine, and therefore, i want to avoid extreme hills and curves; i doubt if there are any...
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
email address removed