Your towing vehicle:
* Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
* Must weigh at least 2,700 lbs. (curb weight)
* Must have Class 1 tow hitch (2,000 lb. minimum weight-carrying rating)
* Must have 1-7/8", 2" or 2-1/8" hitch ball (2,000 lbs. minimum)
* Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height 25"
* Must have external mirrors on both sides
* Must have fully operational lighting
* Trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night
* Maximum recommended speed is 45 MPH