1. Default RI to Philadelphia

Hey, my family and I are riding up to Philly for a couple of days there during April vacation. We are driving from Rhode Island and I was wondering if there were any sites that would be interesting to stop at on my way there. I'm already going to NYC on the way home so you don't have to include that. Also, in downtown Philadelphia, are there any hotels that you can recommend that are really in walking distance to all the sites and are well priced. Thanks for your help!

Tucson, AZ

Default A Few Thoughts

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

In Connecticut, a stop in Mystic would be good. If you're pressed for time, just walk a bit downtown. Walk across the bridge that carries US-1 over the river and look upstream to Mystic Seaport. Have some home made ice cream at the small shop on the west side of the bridge. If you have several hours, then visit Mystic Seaport as well. If you prefer to cross rivers by ferry, two of the oldest operating ferries in the U.S. ply the Connecticut River between the coast and Hartford. A short drive from the Glastonbury-Rocky Hill ferry is Dinosaur State park where you can make your own plaster casts of actual dinosaur tracks. In New Jersey, there are two little visited 'shrines' from the American Revolution: Monmouth. site of one of the largest battle of the war, and Trenton, site of America's first real victory.