1. Default Phoenix to Vegas April 19

Driving to Vegas from Phoenix next week. Could have flown but have never seen that part of the country before. Mapquest gave a route but no info on possible sight seeing. Said the trip should be about 4.5 hrs. Another website gave a scenic route that was 10 hours long. Does anyone have some suggestions for routes and stops somewhere between 4.5 and 10 hours in length? Thanks.

videoman1

Just make sure, that whatever route you take, you include Sedona, and Oak Creek Canyon, just south of Flagstaff. I have only been there once, and was sorry that I had not left more time to spend there.

4.5 hours, no way. The fastest route is US-93 all the way, which is 300 miles and at *least* 5 hours plus delays at the Hoover Dam.

What I might do is take US-93 to I-40, and instead of getting back on 93 to LV, stay on 40 to Exit 44. That will put you on old 66 over Sitgreaves Pass and into Oatman. Spend some time there, then head down toward Bullhead City. Take AZ-95 to Bullhead Pkwy and cross over into Laughlin NV on NV-163. Take that to US-95 and head on up to LV through Searchlight. 340 miles, probably 7.5 hours of driving so that gives you some time in Oatman and wherever else you may want to stop.

Default Scenic drives

What would you like to see along the way?

If you are into Route 66 nostalgia, you can take the Oatman side trip glc suggested and continue on old Route 66 through Peach Springs and Seligman before rejoining I-40. If you stop at Seligman, be sure to stop by Delgadillo's Snow Cap Drive-In. It's a Route 66 staple known for the antics of its former owner, Juan.

Get back on I-40 East and take I-17 South. Highway 89A will take you through Sedona so you can see the wonderful red rock cliffs. In Sedona take Highway 179 back to I-17 South. Be careful not to speed while taking I-17 South past Corder Junction. The Maricopa County Sheriff's Department has deputies parked along strategic points at the bottom of hills leading into Phoenix along I-17.

That's fine, but the way I read the post is this person wants to go *from* Phoenix *to* LV - and your suggestions make sense only for the opposite direction. You could certainly go *from* Phoenix to Sedona to I-40 to old 66 to Oatman though.